Not Sure What You're Looking For?
2019 Suzuki RM85
The 2019 RM85 continues to carry on the powerful tradition of racing excellence in the Suzuki motocross family. The reliable two-stroke engine produces smooth power at any rpm with an emphasis on low- to mid-range performance. Just like its larger RM-Z cousins, the RM85 delivers class-leading handling for both experienced racers and rookie riders alike. With its smooth power delivery and lightweight handling, the RM85 is the perfect motocross bike for anyone learning to race-and striving to win!
- The RM85's high-revving 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve engine has a bore and stroke of 48.0mm x 46.8mm. The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, weight reduction and effective heat transfer for superior class performance.
- A Keihin™ PE28 carburetor provides smooth throttle response and is designed for simplified maintenance.
- The exhaust valves are made of aluminum to best match the expansion rate of the cylinder itself, improve sealing.
- The RM85's exhaust valve governor and actuator helps provide good throttle response and overall tractability.
- A digital CDI map helps provide strong engine performance at higher rpms.
- The RM85 comes with a large-capacity radiator for efficient engine cooling.
- The RM85 is equipped with a smooth shifting six-speed transmission. The transmission features a fully worked-out shift mechanism including a strong shift-drum detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum. A knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel.
- A tubular steel frame and thick wall aluminum swingarm provides class-leading performance on the track, especially in the corners. The frame was designed for increased rigidity, durability and straight-line performance; it features large diameter tubing in key areas and a large front reinforcement plate.
- Showa 37mm inverted front forks are completely adjustable for rider weight, style and ability. The forks feature a cartridge damping system with fully-adjustable rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping (also included are fork guards to protect the inner fork tubes). The front forks offer 275mm (10.8-inches) of travel.
- A Showa rear shock absorber, with large diameter shock body, is designed and properly valved to produce a plush feel and increase bottoming resistance. The Showa rear shock provides 277mm (10.9-inches) of wheel travel.
- The RM85 comes with a twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm (8.7-inches) large-diameter disc and a rear brake with 200mm (7.9-inches) disc to provide excellent braking performance.
- The RM85 also comes with a light, narrow-diameter front and rear brake hose. The font brake hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover, which helps reduce weight.
- A rigid rear brake caliper provides reliable braking performance, long pad life and is easy to maintain.
- A plastic rear brake caliper guard reduces the possibility of deformation and saves weight as well.
- The RM85's forged aluminum-alloy rear brake pedal gives the rider accurate braking feel.
- The RM85's footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, which makes them more durable with better grip.
- A long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when clutching off at corners.
- Each side of the RM85's seat has textured surface for better knee gripping.
- The RM85's wheel sizes meet AMA 85cc class regulations (Front: 70/100-17; Rear: 90/100-14).
- Engine: 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled
- Bore Stroke: 48.0 mm (1.890 in.) x 46.8 mm (1.843 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5/10.9:1 (Low Speed/High Speed)
- Fuel System: KEIHIN PE28, single
- Starter: Primary kick
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Lubrication: Fuel/oil premixture of 30 : 1
- Overall Length: 1805 mm (71.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 735 mm (28.9 in.)
- Overall Height: 1100 mm (43.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- Curb Weight: 73 kg (161 lb.)
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, D.I.D. 428DS, 118 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Front: 70/100-17 40M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 90/100-14 49M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 L (1.3 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow
- Warranty: No warranty
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke, liquid-cooled
- Bore and Stroke
- 48.0 mm (1.890 in.) x 46.8 mm (1.843 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5/10.9:1 (Low Speed/High Speed)
- Fuel System
- KEIHIN PE28, single
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 40M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 49M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 73 kg (161 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 L (1.3 US gal.)
- 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height
- 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, D.I.D. 428DS, 118 links
- Champion Yellow
- No warranty