Not Sure What You're Looking For?
2017 Suzuki RMX450Z
Powerful, torquey fuel-injected 449cc engine. Slim, aggressively styled chassis and bodywork. Electric starter. Full-function, two-mode instrument cluster. Enduro lighting. Additional chassis protection. Sharing core technologies with Suzuki’s Championship-winning open-class RM-Z450, the RMX450Z rewrites the rules for serious trail riders.
- Fuel-injected engine is based on Suzuki's winning open-class motocrosser; the RM-Z450.
- Trail-ready features include an electric starter powered by a compact battery (plus kick-start back-up), a coolant reservoir tank and an engine protector plate.
- Enduro ready, full-function instrument cluster includes a low fuel level warning light.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance.
- Aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame with high-performance SHOWA fork and piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
- Competition-developed seat and slim bodywork creates a controllable, ergonomic riding position.
- Racing-inspired graphics and colors include fork clamps that are anodized black, complementing the gold fork leg finish.
- Black anodized EXCEL aluminum rims are ready to withstand rugged off-road conditions.
- 449cc 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected DOHC powerplant is based on the high-performance and reliable RM-Z450.
- Minimal differences as compared to the RM-Z450 motocross engine includes a modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low and mid-rpm power.
- The compact aluminum cylinder is finished with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- A larger magneto-generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights. The increased mass also aids traction.
- Advanced fuel-injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, and superb reliability.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance and better protection from debris.
- The coolant reservoir tank has a specially located filler cap for easy access.
- Strong 5-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios selected to suit various situations from steep trails to open terrain.
- The aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and durability.
- RM-Z450-derived trail-ready suspension uses high-performance SHOWA forks with full adjustability.
- Aluminum, link-style swingarm is descended from the RM-Z line and uses a fully adjustable SHOWA piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
- Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM-Z series' renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to black EXCEL aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes.
- High-impact, black plastic fork leg, plus rear brake rotor and caliper protectors shield these components from trail obstacles.
- The standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration better than conventional aluminum handlebars.
- Bright 35W headlight is smoothly incorporated into the front number plate.
- Trim, low-draw LED taillight is neatly tucked under the lip of the rear fender.
- The full-function, dual (sport/standard) mode instrument cluster is in a durable, ultra-compact housing.
- Type: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Displacement: 449cc
- Bore x Stroke: 96.0 x 62.1mm (3.78 x 2.4 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric with backup kick starter
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Ignition: Electronic Ignition (CDI)
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID520MXV, 114 links
- Overall Length: 2185 mm (86.0 in.)
- Overall Width: 840 mm (33.1 in.)
- Overall Height: 1265 mm (49.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1485 mm (58.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 320 mm (12.6 in.)
- Seat Height: 950 mm (37.4 in.)
- Curb Mass: 123.5 kg (272 lb.)
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 110/90-18 64M, tube type
- Fuel Tank: 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- Standard Warranty: 6 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty * Extended Warranty availble through Suzuki Protection Plan (SPP)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0 x 62.1mm (3.78 x 2.4 in.)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- Electronic Ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-18 64M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 123.5 kg (272 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- 1485 mm (58.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 320 mm (12.6 in.)
- Seat Height
- 950 mm (37.4 in.)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID520MXV, 114 links
- 6 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty